The new NEO cocoon harness is an innovative bucket seat design. It is light, stable, precise, and comfortable, in a modern shape. The Suspender is a high-end light cross-country harness. It features the next-generation NEO-KOROYD back protector, which is light, compact, and integrated seamlessly in the harness geometry. The Suspender’s structure is built around our engineered back protector.
Improvements over traditional XC pod harness:
- ABS geometry integrated with a new NEO concept: the paragliding bucket seat. The result: comfort, stability, handling, and precision.
- Safety innovations: The NEO-Koroyd 1.0 back protector.
- Practical details and technical accessories, designed by pilots for XC flights.
- Craftsmanship and quality from our wholly-owned, on-sight production facility, using 100% European materials.
New geometry, new concept: The Bucket Seat
The focus of our design work was on the geometry and the seat area of the harness, creating a stable and ergonomic foundation with a very precise turn. To achieve this, we integrated a new EVA sandwich back protector into the harness. The result is that the Suspender is a new hybrid concept combining a bucket seat and a mix of seat-board and hammock characteristics, with a more streamlined and supportive protector that spans the full length of the harness.
The geometry design and trimming is centered around:
- Harness CG.
- Carefully tuned ABS (Anti-Balance-System), to control the roll axis.
- Pitch attitude balance, to control yaw axis.
- Additional upper ABS structure for additional stability in active air.
- Adjustable center webbing (42-47cm) for precision and roll axis stability.
- Optimal balance between stability, glider feedback, and handling.
In flight, you can feel:
- Structured thigh support which maintains turn energy and creates a feeling similar to skiing: the carve effect.
- Precise handling
- The seat rigidity maintains heading when you push the speed bar. The Suspender offers comfort and precision similar to a competition harness, for a much smaller weight.
- The bucket seat is the most comfortable harness we have flown.
- Balanced support in the seat and the pod, allowing the pilot to relax both the torso and legs.
- There is no need to tighten the shoulder straps: the seatback is very rigid, eliminating back pain during long flights.
- The sponge seat densities are optimal for long flights.
- Precise, simple trimming: side straps, seat depth/lumbar straps, front belt, shoulders straps, and chest strap.
During more than 300 hours of flight testing, the active safety features of the Suspender have been proven.
- You can fly the Suspender in a seated position, with stability immediately after launch and while settling into the pod. There is no “swing set” sensation.
- The rescue handle is easy to find, located on the main carabiner axis.
- The under-seat rescue container easily deploys the rescue via a large opening.
- Easy pod entry and exit.
- Engineered paragliding back protection, NEO-Koroyd 1.0
- the most significant innovation in back protection in the last 20 years.
- Koroyd technology : http://koroyd.com
- Protects the entire vertebral spine.
- 9 cm thickness.
- 480 gr.
- Certifications and laboratory tests:
- EN / LTF09 : load test, rescue handle, and inner container test, back protection impact test, by Air Turquoise swiss laboratory / Para-test.com
- CE : back protection test following the PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) European directive, by CRITT Laboratory (FR).
- Opening rescue test on G-Force simulator.
- 2 automatic buckles, and the Get-Up safety system linked with a Fidlock bluckle system to prevent pod closure without locking your leg straps.
- The underseat rescue container is closed by 2 pins, with a large 2-zip opening. Two flaps open across the total width of the harness.
- Safety accessories :
- Heli kit, NEO innovation: For the first time, a heli rescue kit is integrated in a paragliding harness. The heli kit is recommended by paragliding associations and rescue helicopter agencies.
- Hook-knife : emergency safety knife, to cut webbing and lines.
- The rescue parachute deployment bag is delivered with the Suspender, to adapt your rescue pack volume to the container size.
- Made in Europe.
- New NEO Dyneema/PES 20mm webbing developped with Technisangles (FR).
- Automatic buckles AustriAlpin Cobra (A).
- Automatic carabiners NEO Rocket, specially designed for paragliding via a NEO/AustriAlpin (A) partnership.
- NEO 20mm Aluminum 2047 buckles produced in Haute-Savoie (FR).
- Engineered paragliding back protection, NEO-Koroyd 1.0
Practical details :
- Large back pocket closed by asymmetric zip for easy rucksack packing.
- Hydration pocket located in the back pocket with tube access at shoulder strap.
- External zip side pocket.
- Internal pocket for radio.
- Instrument cockpit with zip pocket.
- Straps + Velcro on shoulder straps for radio external mic. or solar vario.
- 4 aluminium easy trim buckles, for pod.
- Aluminium / Stainless steel trim buckles.
- 3 step speed bar on sliding face (supplied).
- Removable instrument cockpit.
- Cockpit lift / extension (option).
- Ballast container 4L. (option).
- Ergonomic rucksack 110L. (option) designed for the Suspender and the ultra-thin 9cm NEO-Koroyd back protection. Fold your wing into 3 parts inside your Suspender harness and experience the ergonomics of a thinner and lower volume rucksack.
French made :
- The Suspender is 100% made in France
- The Suspender is locally designed and constructed in the NEO workshop.
- All fabric and webbings are made in Europe, exclusively developed for NEO by our suppliers.
- YKK zippers.
- Harken ball bearing puleys.
- Leather finish for a better ageing of the parts in contact with the metal and to reinforce the zips garages.